Monday, July 10

Teotihuacan

Yesterday we went to the pyramids and then to D.F. (Ciudad de Mexico).  My camera battery went dead before we got to D.F. so I have no pictures there.  Oh well.  I´ll buy a book I guess.
 
The pyramids were super super cool.  When the Aztecs arrived, this whole civilization was already gone so they just built on top of them, but when you uncover what the old layers look like, they are simply beautiful.  There was this one part in one of the temples that some of the frescos on the wall were still intact.  It was really cool. I got pictures of that.  They are really tall, but they let you climb to the top.  At the top of one there was this hole that everyone was sticking their finger in...I´ll have to figure out why, but it was neat.
 
We went to the old palace of the kings.  Castillo.  It was very cool, absolutely beautiful too.  I didn´t get any pictures, but some of my friends did.
 
In the Cathedral in the city center of D.F. we walked in while they were having mass.  You can walk up to the bell towers and walk around in the ceiling.  You know they way that the cathedrals have domes in them?  you are actually walking across the domes!  Very neat.  Then I sat down in the sanctuary portion and it is really really beautiful.  They have different sections for you to sit at.  I´m sure there is some reason why, but you can hear the mass anywhere you sit because of the acostics.  I´m not sure if the mass was in Spanish or Latin, the hall echoed so I couldn´t tell.
 
So that was my weekend, how was yours?

1 comment:

Sher said...

Friday - Pretty good. Went to Central market for dinner and heard a fun band play.

Saturday - Wrote some during the morning and relaxed. Went to a Rangers game and had AWESOME seats and a LOT of fun.

Sunday - Pastor resigned that morning. We had an Elder Forum to discuss why he's not going to be pastor anymore that night. He's taken a new job. He's barely been here a year. There was a little dissent in the meeting, but it was okay.

Monday - feel like I've been hit by a bus after processing the church stuff last night. I'm not in the best of moods. Not worried about the state or health of the church by any means, but just sad that we have to go through the long process of finding, hiring, and getting to know a pastor all over again. And so it goes...