Sunday, April 3

Cheater, cheater, cheater

Every Friday I give a vocabulary test. Every Friday since school started I have looked around for students to be cheating, given them zeros for talking during the test (mostly threatening to give zeros but a few students have actually gotten them). However until last week I haven't actually caught any. . . does this mean I am getting more observant? Building that teacher sense?

Cheaters in the past two weeks:

1) Hid words under hand, put head on desk. . .ended up having the wrong list of vocabulary words, swore they were there already and weren't using them
2) Hid words under their hat with hat on desk (nothing is supposed to be on their desks) picked up hat to move it, found words
3) Taped Marc Antony funeral speech to Mountain Dew bottle and asked to bring it up as they recited. Turned their back to class and read from the bottle.
4) Taped vocab words to the back of chair in front of them.

If I have caught this many in the past two weeks have I been being scammed all year? Scary thought.

No comments: