Sunday, June 5

virtual worlds

I am officially a computer geek. Now, I have been flirting with this for years. My husband, Dan, and I would go into the video game stores and all the other guys would tap and nudge each other, "Look, a girl! a real live girl! and she has heard of these games!" I would giggle at being the oddity and move on. We would play selective games: Civilization II & III; Kingdom Hearts; Lord of the Rings. . . . But all in all I was just flirting with game playing. Until last night. Last night I officially signed up to play Everquest II. Dan has been playing for 3 weeks now and I have been holding off, watching movies, reading books instead. However I sucuumbed. My screen name is Anaria. I am a level 5 Gnome Scout after one night of play. Actually, I just finished the tutorial and we are about to head away from the refugee camp into the "real" world. :)

Honestly, it is kind of fun. I'm not into killing, but there is more to do than just kill the monsters. And I have a sneak attack that makes me invisible. :) Fun times to be had by all.

1 comment:

Sher said...

I can't believe you are my sister! Deva and I watched Beaches tonight and are now reading. We aren't really into video games. You should come see the new apartment now that we have it all decorated. It's phat! (phat aka - "really cool")