Thursday, December 8

SNOW DAY

Yep, I got a snow day today, along with the rest of FWISD. I also got a snow 'afternoon' yesterday. We let the kids out at 12:10 to go to lunch, buses picked up at 1:00 pm...but most of our kids walk or drive home. I spent the better part of the afternoon making sure that all the kids I could find had a ride home.

The thing that amazes me most about our school is that kids don't want to go home. Days off, after school and summer they just show up and hang around. Multiple students were sent home with reliable rides and then they would show back up on the 2nd floor *because they never left!* I mean, I'm flattered, that they want to be at school and not out on the street getting into trouble, but it was sleeting, my car was covered with an inch of ice, and the students needed to go home. So we kept pushing them out the door.

An hour after we sent kids home 7 of my students show up. All telling me they are going to walk home. None of them live within a half mile of school, so I start trying to find a way for them to get home. They wait till I get just slightly panicked, then they say that they are all walking to Pedro's house and he is going to take them home. So I send them all to Pedro's house to hang out there instead.

Today I have the excitement of not getting up until 9 am...Dan said it was a snow day miracle. I never sleep past 7:30. Then I watched ABC Family's Christmas Carol movie version of the year and 2 weeks ago's Charmed. For those of you who keep up (ha!) Leo didn't die, but he is frozen and being "kept" by the Angel of Destiny until such time as the sisters can fight a final battle. They needed the loss of losing Leo to make them stronger for this battle. :) Ok, I like Charmed, you can get on to me if you want.

I think my husband wants to play Civ IV this afternoon. I suppose I can accomodate. :) It is a good snow day activity...but we have to decorate the house later!

3 comments:

Sher said...

I had TWO snow days since I work so far from home. YEAH! I wrapped all of my Christmas presents, hung out with a friend, and watched a couple of movies! Now I'm back at work and cold. My office is never warm! I keep drinking coffee, but it doesn't help. I just want to go home and curl up in bed. Brrrrrr...

Anonymous said...

I love Charmed. I have been a fan since Leo "died" the first time.
I didn't think the show could go on once they lost Pru, but it keeps going strong.

~lynnie said...

brag all you want about your two snow days, sheri. :) I basically had two cause on Wed I just showed them Dead Poet's Society and let them surf the internet.

Deva, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes Charmed. :) I didn't start watching it really until I came to FW. Then I watched them all in reruns when I came home from subbing in the afternoons. Recently they put it on the same time as West Wing so we had to get two tivos so I could watch both. :)