Wednesday, June 28

I´m in mexico

So, I´m in Mexico....The girl in my class wrote her entry in Spanish last night. I don´t have time to do that right now. I am far far too slow.

While I plan on keeping up and writing here some, right now I just wanted to start by saying where I am.

Class is going well. It is entirely in Spanish. I know exactly how my students feel sometimes. I can see about a dozen things that I can do differently next year that have been suggested before but I have never been really good about remembering to do. For example, Having students turn to each other and repeat the directions. Simple thing huh? I am *dying* for some clarification at times.

Things I have learned in spanish so far....

My kids taught me how to say ¨what did you say?" I´ve been spelling it wrong. It is actually "que dijiste?"

M´hijo´s last name is Cortés. This apparently means polite. I plan on making full use of this.

Miedo means I´m afraid. miado (sp?) means half like "I woke up at cinco miado" I told the lady i am staying with that i woke up at 5 afraid....yeah....gotta re-explain that when i get home.

2 comments:

Sher said...

Sounds like fun! And in the oh, so wise words of The Refreshments, "Tip the bottle and bite the lime!"

~lynnie said...

No sierto! Pero soy divertido en Mexico. Hoy nosotros vamos a excursion a Cholula, mas importante historia.

(translation - not true! But I am having fun in Mexico. Today we are going on a trip to Cholula.)