Friday, June 23

moving makes me grumpy

In case people don't know this. :) Today I worked on getting my 70 boxes unpacked. I hired one of our cross-country runners to help me, then later on another one of my students showed up to help me. I wish I had taken a before and after picture, but I did manage to get all the 9th grade workbooks sent away, most of the 10th and 11th. The novel class sets are organized along the wall and all my novels are on the shelves. The computers are put on the tables, The files are in the filing cabinet, I have a bookshelf for my teacher that floats into my room. While it isn't all put together by any means, it is a lot better than it was and enough that I can leave on Sunday without stressing about it for 4 weeks.

On a secondary note, I can't keep secrets and told my kids about studying spanish this summer...they were not impressed. I'm so sad! I mean, I guess, big whoop. They all know two languages, why shouldn't I? And if I were going to learn Spanish, why not go to Mexico? But my feelings got a little hurt cause I wanted them to be a *little* bit impressed I guess. Oh well.

My plane leaves for Mexico Sunday at 3:08. I guess I should pack sometime huh?

No comments: