Friday, November 18

fall cleaning time

Posting since I am waiting on my husband to get home. :)

Today, the last day before a week long, much needed Thanksgiving break, I chose not to do the originally planned writing center activity. Instead I chucked the lesson plan and offered my students the following deal: "You help me get my life organized here and I'll show you the movie you want to watch the last half of class." Worked like a charm.

The things I accomplished today:
1) sent every bit of paper, book, stuff to the correct teacher/office...even the stuff that has been sitting in my room for 3 weeks...ok, the entire year.
2) moved my two filing cabinets across the room and away from the air conditioning/heating sensor (the air guy says that was my heating problem)
3) moved my desk
4) cleaned out the files left by the teacher before me
5) organized the class library
6) alphabetized all the folders
7) cleaned my boards and put the birthday calendar up permanently so I don't have to keep doing it
8) got rid of all the boxes in my room and put empty ones behind the books so they don't push over.

all in all a productive day.

also I learned a little spanish:
"Puedo hablar con de la mama de Hernan, por favor?"
One of my students wants me to call his mom in Mexico City and tell her he is ok. I am sorta tempted to do it cause he really did want me to.
and
"que de histe" (spelling extremely rough?) 'What did you say?'

No comments: