Tuesday, November 22

thanksgiving

Well, I got everything I wanted to do done yesterday. This morning I sat and watched Little Women...my favorite book growing up and a good 'Christmassy' movie. It is nice being off.

Dan and I went to go and see Harry Potter last night....I love Harry Potter. Goblet of Fire was my favorite book so far so I really enjoyed the movie. We stayed up late, ok, midnight and we even found See's Candies at Ridgemar!!! They are selling them at a kiosk for the Christmas season. mmm-mmm. We are taking them back to Jackson with us. I used to bring a box back every holiday when I lived in CA.

I'm kinda sad about the movies though. They waited so long to make them all that the actors are growing up. Neville Longbottom has *really* grown up, lost all his baby fat, etc. I am not sure they will pass as high schoolers, of course movie people do it all the time. I guess we will see what happens.

We had one language center kid who just read the entire Goblet of Fire novel (800+ pages). In addition to the fact that he could have just gone and gotten a copy in Spanish, he actually finished it! He borrowed book 5 from me and was in chapter 7 when we got out for Thanksgiving. Pretty impressive, huh?

No comments: