Tuesday, January 24

bad day part II

Well, the good part about today is that I got all my grading done and all of my classes have even seen their grades with the exception of 7th period who couldn't be quiet unless I was sitting in my new red mushroom stool. They were, however, much better than usual.

The bad part is that my projector has gone missing and now I have to deal with that. I tend to want to avoid things that I dislike. I have interrogated every kid I know and no one has fessed up about it. I really hoped it would show back up before the end of the day, but maybe that was just me being hopeful. So today I was terribly stressed out and spent most of the day trying not to cry. Not because the projector is gone, but because I feel like I have some responsibility not to trust my students so absolutely anymore. But I want to trust them. They need people to trust them. I think it will make them worthy of that trust, even if they aren't...but they need to learn to be worthy of it, too.

I'm sad.

So now, since I couldn't find a Marble Slab friend, I'm going to make the biggest bowl of Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint ice cream that I can and pair that with a mug of vanilla cocoa. How's that for avoidance? :)

No comments: