Wednesday, January 4

various tv watching day

Today I have to admit my laziness. I have currently not gotten out of my pj's and am sitting on my couch after having watched 3 tv shows and a movie.... I have successfully finished up next Friday's lesson plans and am considering making up all the grammar quizzes for this six weeks so they will be done. Also I need to finish grading the benchmarks. I am about half through and they need to be done this week so I can go over them on Tuesday.

I am super excited about this six weeks. I have gotten all my lesson plans for lit genre planned out. We are reading Night by Elie Wiesel and working on short answer questions a la TAKS. Then we are going to write an essay. In an amazing amount of preparation I am handing my students a calendar with the syllabus for the six weeks the first day back. Shocking, huh?

Today I cut apart cards pasted them on blue card stock and trimmed them with my fancy shaped scissors so the students can all practice their inference skills and figure out the clues about the main character. Next I can cut apart their benchmark grades and sort them by class so they can figure out what they made! :)

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

No comments: