Wednesday, February 15

Underground internet radio in D.F.

http://www.ugr.com.mx/

Here is a link to an underground station in Mexico City that my students listen to. It has a mix of Spanish and English songs. Right now it is playing Foo Fighters, before it was Ferdinand somebody.

Today we had senior writing camp. I had to tell one of my students that the essay he wrote would not pass the taks while still encouraging him in the fact that he wrote something! And in less than 30 minutes (not a week of class time). Wow, that sucks the energy out of you.

And another one of my students got embarrassed today. She had written on her brainstorming page as a story idea "when my mother died." Another, entirely well meaning kid, read off her paper, aloud, and she freaks out. Her mom only died last summer and she has been having a real hard time. I took the student out in the hall and told him that he can't do that and he needs to be more considerate of others. He said he only read it cause it was a good topic to use, he was thinking of using it himself. However, the poor girl shut down and did nothing the rest of the day. I didn't push her, but I think she was mad at me that I had let it happen.

No comments: