Monday, April 24

Exciting Mexican food suggestions

Today one of my students was suggesting food for me to try.

First they suggested cactus (there is a specific kind-but i'm from MS and don't know anything about cactuses) that has been boiled in sugar so it is sweet like a candy. I thought the word for it was something like "huitacas" but I can't google that and come up with anything so I will have to double check it.

I double checked with the kids and it is actually quiote-still doesn't google.

Then they suggested raspados (snow cones) that are composed of ice, lemon juice, chili powder and salt. 3 separate kids said they had had this before and it was really good. They told me that I couldn't just use regular chili powder, I needed Mexican chili powder, but they couldn't tell me how to find the right kind other than "go to Mexico."

No comments: