Friday, April 14

Most fun extra credit ever

Yesterday on my test I gave the following bonus question:

a) Name all 4 of Mrs. Fuller's names.
b) Tell what part of "A Modest Proposal" freaked her out because of her maiden name.

[I didn't use the phrase 'freaked out' because I wasn't sure how that would translate...but I don't remember how I said it now.]

Let me explain. In "A Modest Proposal" it talks [in satire, people] about getting rid of the papists. Well we explained papists is a word for Roman Catholics, that it was satire, etc. But every time I said papists, my skin would crawl a little. So I told the kids about it during the review, and put it on the test.

Of course only half of every class was listening so I got lots of good new names. It was really rather fun.

Eva Maria Gutierrez Fuller
Janeth Alizabeth Smith Fuller (still working on whether to give them credit for the spanish spelling of Janet)
Shaniqua Fuller
Ana Maria Panchachabela Fuller (Pancha= Francisca; Chabela=Isabel)

Fun huh? And I haven't even graded them all!!!

My chilango children did get it right, but I think they cheated.

I was told yesterday that if we take our planned vacation to D.F. *I* could be a chilanga!!! Aren't we all excited?

No comments: